Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 15 pound rat terrier hurt his neck or back. His neck is…

Customer Question
My 15 pound rat...

My 15 pound rat terrier hurt his neck or back. His neck is crooked to the left. He had quite a bit of pain w movement. I'm giving him Tramadol $CBD dog biscuits. Would it be okay to give him Arnica Montana homeopathic tablets?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Rat Terrier's name and age?

His name is*****'s a rescue so his age is around 10.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Loki?

2 yrs ago he fell off of a 3ft high ramp and herniated a disc in his neck. Had surgery that was successful. I don't want to take him back there yet because it's an emergency vet ( Blue Pearl in Tacoma) and their fees are so high. His neck pain started 4 days ago after he was accidentally stepped on while lying on the floor. The stepper said he thought he stepped on his foot.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 29 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures or video of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If your files won’t load they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If, by chance, you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.