Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a rescue, she's been with me 2 weeks. She was at the…

Customer Question
I have a rescue...

I have a rescue, she's been with me 2 weeks. She was at the dog sitter Tues-Thurs and ate 1/2 of a bully stick. she started with loose stool yesterday which has progressed to liquid stool with drops of blood today. Can I treat her at home with a bland diet or is a vet visit necessary

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Lucy is her name and the rescue said she was 2 yrs old. she is a 32 lb beagle mix. they said she was in good health

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?

She is eating and drinking ok, not lethargic but pooping every 2 hours since 5 am today

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 28 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

This is acute enteritis and colitis

We can manage at home

Give Imodium at 0.1 mg/kg three times daily

And add 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin to each meal for the next two days

That should sort things out quickly

Okay?

Paul