Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I moved to Paris 3 months ago from New York with our now…

Customer Question
Hi there. I moved...

Hi there. I moved to Paris 3 months ago from New York with our now 15.5 year old boxer mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Boxer?

She started vomitting on Monday so Tuesday i made her boiled chicken and some rice and still vomitted and had diahrea Tuesday night, Wednesday and Thursday.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Boxer eat anything unusual?

No just her usual food

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Boxer's name?

It doesn't matter everything is replaceable Harley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Boxer?

She had a vet visit at our home yesterday and she drank some water yesterday but when I woke her up in the middle of the night to drink water again I had to give it to her in a tube She hasn't had food in 3 days

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Can someone possibly call me about this? I am growing worried as she has been short of breath and not taking any water for 12 hours now.
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 23 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Harley needs to be hospitalized on supportive care (e.g., IV fluids) while diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests +/- imaging in the form of X-rays of Harley's chest and abdomen are performed. There's rarely just one thing going on in a 15.5 year old. Regretfully, her behavior is that of a critically ill elder dog.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 21 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?