Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been retching all day but not getting anything…

Customer Question
My dog has been...

My dog has been retching all day but not getting anything up. I didn't really think much about it but about an hour ago. He did vomit some foamy stuff with a little bit of blood.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Yes, he has a heart condition and melanoma. I just googled and found this site. How does it work?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 30 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed in the last few days (even if your pet regularly receives it)? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication? Toxin ingestion?