Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is turning in a cicle backwards and is jerking his…

Customer Question
My dog is turning...

My dog is turning in a cicle backwards and is jerking his head andwont eat or drink, this has been all day

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

I dont know, but he licks and eats everything and today he is jerky andturning backwaars in acicle and wontlet me hold him his little heart is beating so hard. he is little

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?

13 yrs name doug

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Doug

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Doug?

He is real hot when this happens

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 24 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed in the last few days (even if your pet regularly receives it)? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication? Toxin ingestion?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the only thing i know is that hisright ear bothers or itches him alot. and he is always licking everything including the floor
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
is there anything to give a dog to mellow them out, so they can settle down
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 22 days ago

There are medications for this, yes. That said, is he stil refusing food and water?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?