Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog ate around a cup of goldfish food, Robbie aged 8

My dog ate around a cup of goldfish food
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Robbie aged 8 golden retriever/chow mix 45 pounds
JA: How old is Robbie?
Customer: 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Robbie?
Customer: No

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long ago?

How is Robbie just now?

Was it pellet or flakes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He seems fine. I’m not sure how long ago. I woke up to sound of bag being torn apart. Maybe 45 minutes ago
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don’t need a phone call, just want to know if it’s toxic. Label lists soybea meal ground corn fish meal as main ingredients
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are there any ingredient names I should look for that are bad?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?

Sorry ,I was just handling an an emergency. Just one moment.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you

In regards ***** ***** situation, there is nothing toxic in this. Its just protein rich and could cause upset stomach if anything at all. So, you need not panic here and just plan to keep an eye on Robbie. As well to offset any GI upset, you can consider offering a light diet option. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. But again this would not be expected to cause any serious issue here.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

*************************

Afterwards please take the time rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as otherwise the site does not credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this (its included in your question fee). Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you for helping me to keep helping pets here. : )**