Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He is throwing up bile. he has been to the vet twice this

Customer Question

he is throwing up bile. he has been to the vet twice this week, he was not eating and had diarrhea. we initially thought that the cause was a change in the formula with his regular food, as he was eating a different food that was presented to him. Now he wont eat anything at all. without throwing it back up. He was given Omeprazole 10mg,, Sucrafate 1g slurry and metronidazole 500mg.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: The only way I can get him to take the meds is within bread. I also gave him a very small amount of plain white chicken breast. he ate that but it came back out within an hour.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Wally 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wally?
Customer: He's a boxer. Comprehensive blood work was normal on Tues. with a slightly elevated creatinine of 1.3. This was attributed to the diarrhea
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Rachel replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Wally isn't eating and is throwing up. How much does he weigh?