Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Put the polar pooch pad down for our 9 month old puppy he…

Customer Question
Put the polar pooch...

Put the polar pooch pad down for our 9 month old puppy he chewed the corner. There is none on the floor and he is acting ok. I took it away from him just wanted to know what's in the gel in the pad.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

Eli

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Eli?

No he was acting ok just don't want him to be sick if he did swallow any of it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How much does Eli weigh?

Was any of the gel mat inside consumed or just the outer layer?

How much was consumed, can you tell?

Are you seeing any symptoms currently such as vomiting or diarrhea?

When did this occur?

Eli is around 25 to 30 lbs. All I saw was a small corner chewed off the mat. There was no gel anywhere. He is not acting sick. His stomach was making noise this morning but other than that he is doing ok.
It happen last night he was upstairs from 6 to 930. So sometime during those hours.

Thank you for the additional information. Is Eli still eating and drinking normally in spite of the stomach noises?