Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My yellow lab was unable to get up from laying and when she…

Customer Question
My yellow lab was...

My yellow lab was unable to get up from laying and when she finally did she was stumbling and drooling profusely. We got ready to bring her to emergency vet and now she is walking normally and wagging tail and drinking water. Still has dialated eyes

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Sophie and she is about 5. We (my husband and I) had taken our usual afternoon walk with her. She seemed tired at the end of the walk but not unusually so

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?

She is usually out of shape after winter and takes a while to get back up to speed

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 21 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian