Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 14 lb maltipoo chewed on a Trycold gel pack. I don't know…

Customer Question
My 14 lb maltipoo...

My 14 lb maltipoo chewed on a Trycold gel pack. I don't know how much she ingested. It says the ingredients are non-toxic but wanted to check.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what the Maltipoo ate?

I can't tell. There is still a lot in the pack

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

The product is mostly water plus either nontoxic hydroxycellulose or silica gels. As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but she wasn't intoxicated and will remain safe. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?