PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He is having difficulty sitting and he wont eat or drink and

he is having difficulty sitting and he wont eat or drink and feeling miserable. We discovered this morning some pain in his legs. He is 3 years old. He is not interested in eating or drinking.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Thank you - Bear
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: he is a staffy. He cant sit he needs to be assisted to lie initially and then he curls up on his bed with his face to the wall. he was panting this morning.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Has he had any strenuous activity recently?

Is he on any medication?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no vomiting or diarrhea,no medication, however he went on a 1.5 walk on Sunday. He was very different this morning. He did get into a can of acrilic paint after his walk. I gently rubbed olive oil on his stomach and penis area where the paint was and left it on for a couple hours and then we bathed him in warm water. All the paint came off. He seemed fine last night and this morning he was showing signs of pain in his back legs.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant he went for 1.5 hours walk.

Acrylic paint should be non-toxic, so unless he also consumed some of the olive oil I would suspect it's likely not the cause of his symptoms. Moreover, it sounds like he's experiencing joint pain and not abdominal discomfort. Do keep an eye out for additional symptoms more specific to the GI tract since he did come in contact with the paint and also olive oil.

I would recommend talking to your vet about diagnostics like x-rays to determine if there is any condition present to explain his discomfort. It's not uncommon for dogs in this age range to begin showing signs of joint pain when they have dysplastic hips or early onset of arthritis. If your companion is not already on a joint supplement, I would recommend starting one. My favorites are http://www.glycoflex.com products. If you must treat from home today, you can administer aspirin if no other medications are being given. Dosing info is available here: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/ If you do opt for a veterinary visit today, your vet will likely want to skip the usage of aspirin and use canine-safe NSAID therapy as well as pain medication therapy, such as rimadyl combined with tramadol, to offer the most relief from discomfort. Rest is going to be imperative even if the medications make him feel better. I would also consider less strenuous exercise in the future if he's prone to being this sore following a long walk.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top-notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the GI track?

GI tract=gastrointestinal tract.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what should i look for?

In regards ***** ***** GI tract? Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, avoidance of food or water, etc.