Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

There is a slim possibility that my dog has bitten a

There is a slim...

There is a slim possibility that my dog has bitten a poisoned mouse. She did not ingest it just had the body in her mouth. Should i be on the lookout for symtoms?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what your dog ate?

She did not eat it just totted it in her mouth.

4/20/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, it is rare for a dog to become poisoned when they eat a mouse that died from poisoning. If she did not eat it and only had the body in her mouth this will not be toxic to your dog. No symptoms expected, she will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian