Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I’m purchasing a dog daycare/boarding facility and was

I’m purchasing a dog...

I’m purchasing a dog daycare/boarding facility and was wondering if it was safe to put memory foam bedding in them. I’m concerning of toxicity if a dog eats the bedding (which is inevitable).

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Just asking about memory foam toxicity if injested.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

There is no dog. I’m purchasing a facility and checking to make sure that the bedding I am using is safe

4/20/2018
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

The memory foam itself is not toxic but a foreign body risk and therefore gives you liability if a dog ingests one of the bed pieces while on your property and requires surgery to remove the foam. One thing I know some facilities do is request owners bring their own pet beds for smell comfort but also reduces this liability if it is their own bed but doesn't remove it completely since it would occur on your property

So this is not a toxicity issue per se but an obstruction risk and I would advise against their use

Please let me know how else I can assist you today and best wishes in a successful business venture!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION with five stars at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Thank you so much! Have a great weekend!

You as well, please let me know how else I can assist you today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the five stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman