Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Shih Tzu acts like he is bipolar. One minute he is fine…

Customer Question
My Shih Tzu acts...

My Shih Tzu acts like he is bipolar. One minute he is fine and he will start barking and trying to bite. But it is men that set him off. He is a sweet dog to me loves other dogs and cats. Does not show aggression when you take his food. He can be laying his bed and all of sudden he will jump up and go off on my son. But some times he will just watch him and want to play. Cant' figure it out is there some kind of treatment for this?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Boss Barton 5yrs aprox I adopted him last year.I just love him and he loves me. Very protective of me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Boss Barton

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 3 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and t hank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry your question was not picked up sooner. I will need to ask questions to better help you.

What is his reaction to men and women he does not know?

When he is in his bed is he sleeping or has he been resting and then he sees your son and attacks? Is your son sitting down or walking by?

What type of training do you do and how often?

What commands does he know and listen to each time you give them?

I cancelled and want to have all my personal information removed. Please don’t contact me again. Going to take him to the vet.

sure. I will send this in to Customer Service.