Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Hes a 2 year old by and he just started spinning and looking…

Customer Question
Hes a 2 year...

Hes a 2 year old by and he just started spinning and looking behind him and won't respond to us or to food, like he can't see or hear us but he seems to be seeing or hearing or being startled by something - not there behind him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Hes startling and spinning about his tail but not coming to food or a call

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Jasper 2 part lab part out very nice and friendly usually

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He has been his normal self all day no sings of illness, eating playing good tempered, until about 20 unites ago he was chewing on a bone or antler and he had been at it a while then started just back and forth behind himself like something was behind him, he backed himself into a corner and wouldn't look at us or acknowledge us, he's very friendly and comes when called esp for food and he didn't even notice peanut butter on a treat.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
my other dog is fine, no similar symptoms, she's a 6 y o weimar , they play together all day, spend all their time together. he's up on all his shots, neutered, healthy. eats hearty and loves food, about 80 lbs
4/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

there is no such thing as a veterinary nurse, nurses care for people, vet tech care for animals. it is insulting to registered nurses who train 4 years to save human lives to have a tech who mostly train on the job be called nurse. please do not call yourself a nurse. i respect your knowledge of pets but it is not the same thing a caring for people.
we took him to a vet and he is fine nowand this is supposed to be worth $20.?