Dog Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified dog veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

More related answers
All dog veterinarians are VERIFIED
To reduce a 100 mg doxycycline capsule into two 50 mg dosages,
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
To reduce a 100 mg doxycycline capsule into two 50 mg dosages, can I open it and divide the medicine in half. Or would it be better to dissolve it and do half at a time.… read more
My dog Soxy is on temril p and is starting to have seizures.
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Small animal practicioner
My dog Soxy is on temril p and is starting to have seizures. I have reduced the dosage and would like to take her off it. I have consulted my vet who has given her a potassium supplement to help the s… read more
there. I'm going out of town and my dog takes Prozac daily.
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Veterinarian, DABVP Canine/Feline
Hi there. I'm going out of town and my dog takes Prozac daily. Can I pre-mix the prozac with peanut butter so the person caring for him can more easily administer the medicine? Will pre-mixing a week'… read more
I opened a capsule of 30mg Cymbalta because I am tapering
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I opened a capsule of 30mg Cymbalta because I am tapering off and My doctor told me to take 1/2 capsule. As I was measuring, I dropped an open capsule on the floor and beads went every where. I grabbe… read more
My vet suggested reducing the dosage of prednisone my dog is
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
My vet suggested reducing the dosage of prednisone my dog is taking. She has been taking fairly high doses long term. She was developing signs of Cushing's Disease so we thought it was best to start r… read more
Can my dog take OxyContin? And if so what dosage? There is
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Can my dog take OxyContin for pain? And if so what dosage? There is no Tylenol in them they are extended release. She weighs about 125- 135 lbs and her back leg and or hip has been causing her pain no… read more
dog: ate part of a notriptiline capsule that I take..powder
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
my dog ate part of a notriptiline capsule that I take for depressions. She only got some of the powder not even half will this hurt her?… read more
Can I open the capsule of cephalexin 500 mg and mix in food
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Professor/Clinical Veterinarian
Can I open the capsule of cephalexin 500 mg and mix in food for my lab rather than giving the capsule down the throat?… read more
with 500mg capsules of ammoxicillin can you open and split
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Large and small animal Veterinarian
with 500mg capsules of ammoxicillin can you open and split the powder in 1/2 or 1/3 for lower dosage. I would have to do that anyway in a bite of canned food to get her to take for a tooth infection. … read more
Just wanted to know can I mix capsules with wet food rather
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Just wanted to know can I mix capsules with wet food rather than poking them down her throat. Terri… read more
maltipoo: My 15-lb...mutt..I think he may have ingested about half
Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, DVM
My 15-lb. maltipoo mutt was gnawing on a 40 mg capsule of Prozac. I think he may have ingested about half of it (definitely not all) but it's hard to tell. How long should I keep an eye on him? Is the… read more
Taking care of three R Ridgebacks. One of them pulled a box
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
Taking care of three R Ridgebacks. One of them pulled a box of cyclosporine off the counter and ate all of the capsules. What should be done? It has been several hours and none of them are sick (i.e.,… read more
She doesn't seem to want to keep her eyes open ... she opens
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
she doesn't seem to want to keep her eyes open ... she opens them for a moment and then closes them again. She is not rubbing them and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort ... it is almost like the li… read more
My 14 year old Rott mix died after being on Carprofen for six
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Emergency/Critical Care Veterinarian
My 14 year old Rott mix died after being on Carprofen for six days. She was taking a half capsule twice daily (100mg capsule). Her blood work prior to taking the med revealed that she had a high liver… read more
Ive been reducing the Metacam dosage for my dog due to suspicions
Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
I've been reducing the Metacam dosage for my dog due to suspicions of kidney disease [I say suspicions because she's not concentrating but the vet is not sure if the reason is due to an ongoing vagina… read more
My dog ate a bottle of my Prozac not sure how many there are
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian
My dog ate a bottle of my Prozac not sure how many there are 30 20mg capsules. I induced vomiting already with the peroxide. Can I mix the charcoal with water?… read more
aussie mix: biotocs and prednisone, down to 1/2..10 years old.
Dr. Goodall
Dr. Goodall, Veterinary Surgeon
My 49lb aussie mix got a half of triazoloam 0.25 (sneaking in for a sandwhich off the table) She currently takes cephlexan (anti-biotocs and prednisone, down to 1/2 every other day) do you see a probl… read more
One of my dogs just consumed approximately 14 or 15 capsules
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
One of my dogs just consumed approximately 14 or 15 capsules of Prozac (canine). I don't know the dose but they were yellow & green capsules. Waht should I watch for?… read more