Dog Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified dog veterinarian who will answer your question

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

More related answers
All dog veterinarians are VERIFIED
My dog ate the knuckle bone from the ham. It was boiled for
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
HI my dog ate the knuckle bone from the ham. It was boiled for a quite a long time in split pea soup and she was able to eat it quite quickly. I was surprised by that. Afterward, she was just lazy. To… read more
I cooked a large ham and then made soup with the bones. When
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
I cooked a large ham and then made soup with the bones. When they were cooling on the counter my dogs got the bones and now they ill not eat. What did the bones do, and do i need toget them to the vet… read more
my dog is gagging and vomitign white flem. She was doing this
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
my dog is gagging and vomitign white flem. She was doing this all night long. She did eat a large ham shank that i made soup out of. Could this be the cause?… read more
Yesterday I gave my big male Golden Retriever The bacon hock
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
Yesterday I gave my big male Golden Retriever The bacon hock bones out of the pea and ham soup we cooked for tea. He has eaten these many times before. They appear quite soft. after cooking slowly all… read more
i made a huge mistake and left a large ham bone out and my
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
i made a huge mistake and left a large ham bone out and my dog ate the meat bone and all and is acting normal but drinking tons of water. I know I will keep a close eye on her and monitor her stool. S… read more
I boiled a honeybaked ham bone to make soup. I gave the bone
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
I boiled a honeybaked ham bone to make soup. I gave the bone to my dog (Shih Tzu about 12 lbs) this afternoon She ate half the bone. She has thrown up 3 times and is very quiet. Should I be concerned.… read more
My dog had a ham bone yesterday that was cooked in garlic &
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
My dog had a ham bone yesterday that was cooked in garlic & onion. It was given to him by mistake but today he has thrown up twice, yellow bile & he has had 3 different bowel movements that didn't pro… read more
Is it ok for dog to chew on a ham bone, my dane wants a bone
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
my dane wants a bone and w have a ham bone is it ok to give him that to chew? … read more
Just a quick question about bones. I think I may have made
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
Just a quick question about bones. I think I may have made a mistake to giving my pup a ox tail (beef) cooked bone. I am hearing that cooked bones are very dangerous. I had a Labrador for years and sh… read more
black lab mix: my 14 year..14 year old..throwing..empty stomach
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
I have made a terrible mistake in giving my 14 year old black lab mix 1 tablet of ibuprofen a day for about 2 weeks, and then 1 tablet of Aleve (naproxen) a day for about a week. She has been throwing… read more
dog: pork rib bone last night..causing her discomfort..excessively
Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Veterinarian
I made the mistake of giving my dog a pork rib bone last night -- I think that is what is causing her discomfort this morning. She is panting - not excessively but she does not pant normally. She cann… read more
I have a golden lab who weights about 85lbs. What can I give
Doctor W
Doctor W, Veterinarian
I have a golden lab who weights about 85lbs. What can I give him to help him with his constipation… read more
My 19 lb dog has possibly eaten homemade split pea soup.
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
My 19 lb dog has possibly eaten homemade split pea soup. Ingredients were 4 qts chicken broth, 2 lbs chopped ham, 1/2 cup chopped Onion, 1/2 cut chopped celery, 2 tsp salt and 2 tsp Black Pepper. Is a… read more
My Labradoole has sawolled a round ham bone whole. The bone
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
My Labradoole has sawolled a round ham bone whole. The bone bone was about 1 inch round and about 1/4 inch thick. The puppy is 5 months old.… read more
I made the big mistake of leaving my dog in the car while I
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
I made the big mistake of leaving my dog in the car while I went to get something to eat. I did not think that I would be gone for too long however when I came back my small doggie was lying down as i… read more
I just gave my dog a ham bone. When I noticed she was actually
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Large and small animal Veterinarian
I just gave my dog a ham bone. When I noticed she was actually eating the bone I took it away from her but she did get maybe 2 quarter size pieces that she swallowed. What should I do now?… read more
My dog ate some ham bone that had been boiled for soup, now
Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Senior Small Animal Veterinarian
My dog ate some ham bone that had been boiled for soup, now she has vomited twice and has the shakes … read more
My dog had a stroke and will only drink bone soup and
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Doctoral Degree
My dog had a stroke and will only drink bone soup and Pedialyte, what can I give him to strengthen him so he can stand? had him to the vet on Oct.31 for ear infection, he was given Otibiotic ointment … read more