How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nicole Your Own Question
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 1197
Experience:  Veterinarian
99787490
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Nicole is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My golden doodle just ate two grapes. Sophie is 9 years old.

Customer Question

my golden doodle just ate two grapes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sophie is 9 years old
JA: How old is Sophie?
Customer: 9
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?
Customer: she has a number of allergies...immune system,
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Nicole replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I am working on a response and will be back shortly. How much does she weigh? How long ago did it happen?
Expert:  Dr. Nicole replied 7 months ago.
Grape and raisin (dried grapes) toxicity is well documented in dogs.* Although the exact substance that causes the toxic reaction is not yet known, dogs should not eat grapes and raisins because even small amounts can prove to be fatally toxic for a dog.
Expert:  Dr. Nicole replied 7 months ago.
I would recommend that we induce vomiting if ingestion occurred within the past two hours. You can give 3%hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp per 10 pounds. If she does not vomit within 15 minutes you can give it one additional time.
Expert:  Dr. Nicole replied 7 months ago.
If you do not want to induce vomiting you can take her to your vet instead and they can induce vomiting.
Expert:  Dr. Nicole replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?