Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is nursing and seems to have some sort of hard area…

Customer Question
My dog is nursing...

My dog is nursing and seems to have some sort of hard area along her nipples. she has 10 puppies and she tends to feed them for 15-20 minutes a day. She seemed to tense up a bit when i touched the affected area. this is her second litter and i don’t recall seeing this happen with the first.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your puppy?

She seems to have a tense area in the middle of her nipples, it’s hard and she seems to mind when i touch it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your puppy seem to hurt?

Along her teats

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

The area looks bumpy-ish under the skin

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bebe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bebe?

She is nursing 10 five day old puppies

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.