Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is having some liver problems and she is not shaking.

Customer Question
She is having some...

She is having some liver problems and she is not shaking. She is about 10-11 years old, and has been healthy until a week ago. The vet prescribed lots of meds but she won't take them and spits them out. I decided that I would let her do whatever she wanted but I don't want her to suffer. Does shivering mean she is in Pain?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Annie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Annie?

No. I took her in because she was vomitting and urinating in the house. The vet wanted more tests but I can't afford to do so. I am a widow and on a fixed income.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 22 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you get me all the lab results?

Did they check the urine?

My wife is a double board-certified vet pathologist and will review these for us

Paul

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I don't have the lab results. The only thing she told me was that her enzymes were 2800. If the shaking and shivering means pain I will have her put down.

Which enzyme was 2800?

There are four liver enzymes that we check?

Did they check her urine?

Paul

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It was her liver enzymes and no, they did not check urine.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I just want to know how to watch for pain. I won't have her suffering. She has been a wonderful pet.

Vomiting

Not lying down

Panting

Abdominal swelling

Crying

Not eating

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian