Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has what looks like a round scab, smaller than a pinky…

Customer Question
He has what looks...

He has what looks like a round scab, smaller than a pinky nail, on the outside of his ear. No hair grows in that spot. It's not itchy and he doesn't mind me touching it. He's had it since I got him as a puppy at 4 months old and it has not gotten bigger in the year since then.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the puppy's name?

Epic

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Epic?

No. He's perfectly heathy otherwise. He's an Alaskan Malamute.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this skin lesion to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.