Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a new dog pit about 2 years old when we put her in…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new dog pit bull about 2 years old when we put her in our truck she starts drouling and is so scared to do most everything

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Baby girle

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Baby girle

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
i belive she was missed treated before we got her
4/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Thompson, Veterinarian replied 21 days ago
Dr. Thompson
Dr. Thompson, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Thompson. I’ve been a small animal veterinarian since 2000. Thanks for your question. I understand you're concerned because your dog Baby Girle gets scared and drools when she is put into your truck. Is that correct?

Most dogs can overcome carsickness with enough practice. Start by letting her get in the truck when it is not moving and dose not have the engine running. Just praise her and feed her treats. Repeat this every day or two until she feels very comfortable in the truck. Next, have her sit in the truck with the engine running and feed her treats. Once she is comfortable with that, take a VERY short trip-- like 1 minute-- and try feeding her treats. Once she masters that, gradually increase the time she can tolerate riding in the truck.

A safe over the counter medicine that can be given to dogs with motion sickness is described here (Dramamine): https://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/drug-library/library/dimenhydrinate-dramamine-for-dogs-and-cats/ That might help her with the drooling in the early days, but the training is also very important.

I hope I’ve answered your question to your satisfaction. Don’t hesitate to ask follow-up questions if you have any. If finished, the best incentive you can give me to continue helping here on JustAnswer is a 5-star rating. Just click on the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Thompson, Veterinarian replied 18 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Thompson
Dr. Thompson
Dr. Thompson
Dr. Thompson, Veterinarian