Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Yesterday night I was my puppy, and as soon as I came near…

Customer Question
Hello, yesterday night I...

Hello, yesterday night I was petting my puppy, and as soon as I came near the left side of his jaw he whined . Today while I was walking him and my older dog, I noticed he was drooling but it looked like very very thick saliva . I am really scared because he looks really down and I tried to touch him on the same spot except this time it seems that it hurt way more as I barely touched him and he cried loudly. I am so scared please help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?

My puppy is now 3 months old and I have yet to go get him his shots.

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jaime, Dog Veterinarian replied 17 days ago
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this could be a dental infection, fractured tooth, something he chewed on and got stuck in his mouth or even something puppies rarely get causing muscle inflammation. I would bring him in to a vet tonight if possible and make sure he is eating. If he will let you look in his mouth on the drooling side that would be a good idea, but since he hasn’t been in yet for his vaccines he should just go in asap.
Do you have any further questions? If so, please let me know what other questions you have or what else I can do to help. If not, could you please issue a rating? Thank you.
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jaime, Dog Veterinarian replied 16 days ago
Hello, just checking in to see if you have been able to see my response and if you have any further questions?
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Dog Veterinarian