Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 11 yr ojd pom cross is crying when i try to pick him up…

Customer Question
my 11 yr ojd pom...
my 11 yr ojd pom cross is crying when i try to pick him up he has a heart murmer yesterday he started to walk backwards he wont drink or eat today no pee today yet he hacks alot when he does walk its very slow
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jaime, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I am sorry to hear that Coco is crying when you try to pick him up. It sounds like maybe he is having some pain, possibly in his neck or back with the backwards walking. Is it possible that he could have fallen off anything, been injured, or jumped down wrong? Has he had any back injuries in the past or problems with any of his legs?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he jumped off bed few days ago and cryed he might have hurt himself but he was still laying in one spot before that he went to pee the other day and look like he almost lost his balance it looked like the other day his back leg was kinda turnig when he walked 5 days ago the cut his nail to short and he was bleeding quit abit
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian