Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 7 yr old pug...he has a gag reflux that never goes…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 7 yr old pug...he has a gag reflux that never goes away and he throws up sometimes...what can I do ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

He does this everyday all day .

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Percy and I believe he is yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Percy?

7

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How often does he vomit?

What does the vomitus usually look like?

Has he had any other blood work or testing done for this by your vet?