Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has stuffy coming out his right eye, thick slimy mucus.

Customer Question
He has green stuffy...

He has green stuffy coming out his right eye, thick slimy mucus

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

He has been sounding to have trouble for awhile with the mouth (mucus) but i thought it was because he was getting older but this morning i was giving him his anti inflamitory and noticed the green gunk in his right eye and his mouth was gross with slimmy stringy mucus

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He hurt his right paw last week and has been licking it raw i took him to the vet last week and they gave my the pills but i bought a bootie for it this weekend and it seems to stop him from licking it but it is still swollen

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Stumpy and he's about 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Stumpy?

He also has been very itchy and pulling out his hair on his tail and back

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 20 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
unfortunately i'm at work and did not take pictures this morning

We can continue later with pictures, if you like, or we can move forward now without pictures.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian