Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 25 pound chiwawa and he went to the vets that's…

Customer Question
I have a 25...

I have a 25 pound chiwawa and he went to the vets that's week do to seeming to be in pain. He gave him rimadyl. Just a few few days worth to see if it helped and it did. I called three times when he ran out of meds and didn't receive a callback. It's been 2 days and he's starting to show the same symtoms. But it's Sunday I can't bring him anywhere. How do i keep him comfortable till Monday. He's 18 yrs old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Mocha

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mocha?

His hips have dislocated 3 times in the past but feeling has always come back so I know he has pain just from how old. And he has no temp. He's just an old dog who I think pain is now showing in his age. I just want him to be comfortable now till I can get more medicine for him tomorrow

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
His symptoms are panting and restlessness
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. The only safe over the counter pain medication you can give him is baby aspirin (81 mg). I would give him 1/4 of a tablet every 12 hours as a substitute for Rimadyl.