Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is breathing difficult with a "snorking" sound. "She"

Customer Question
My dog is breathing...

My dog is breathing difficult with a "snorking" sound. "She" is preferring to lie on the tummy and is overweight. Symptoms increased as from this morning. She is a Chiwawa and 8 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do. What is your dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** 8 years old. Living in South Africa

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Lexi?

Eight years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lexi?

Yes, as I have said she is overweight and mainly spends her time indoors (i.e. not very active)

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share video of the episodes you're seeing?

Good morningCustomer
As I haven't received a response before 17h00 (CAT time), I eventually took her to a local vet for treatment as I was concerned about her going to bed in this condition. Thank you for your assistance in any case. I think there may have been a delay in the actual initiation process as I have requested a refund of my double payment (mistakenly done so) of the deposit.
The Vet gave her some injections and prescribed a few tablets and this morning she is a lot better.
Thank you once again.Bennie.