Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a mini shnawser she has soft lumps one on her chest…

Customer Question
She is a mini...

She is a mini shnawser she has soft lumps one on her chest and one on her side

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Aru 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

She also has weird like sezures

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

I can send video of sezure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has she had these?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess her lumps? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.

For her seizures, can you post this here (with the paper clip icon) or via YouTube then past the link here for me to see?

The lumps are soft like fluid filled about size of quarter no skin discoloration

Hello again,

Now I don't see a link for your video but in regards ***** ***** soft lumps, the main concerns at Aru's age is that these may be cysts of fatty lipomas. Abscesses can appear similarly but usually will be sudden in appearance, grow and be sore for them. So, that may be less likely here and with those initial 2 I noted, both are considered benign. So, they can be monitored and only need to be removed if they are causing bother. Of course, if we want to confirm this for her, you can have her vet take a sample of the lumps via fine needle aspiration (FNA). That way they can remove a bit of the lumps' contents to tell us if we have cystic fluid, fat, or signs of infection. But from your description cysts or lipomas are most likely and not overly worrisome here.

Have a lovely day,
Dr. B.

**************************
Afterward, as I am dedicating my holiday to helping you, I would be grateful if you could please take the time rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great). Otherwise the site does not credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this (its included in your question fee). Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you for helping me to keep helping everyone here. : )**

Hi Dalena,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Aru. How is everything going?

Dr. B.