Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog threw up this morning, but he pooped and has urinated…

Customer Question
My dog threw up...

My dog threw up this morning, but he pooped and has urinated today. He is not acting normal though and when he breathes in, he shakes.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

He might have but I’m not sure. He was perfectly fine yesterday then all the sudden this morning he seems to not feel very well

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?

Louie and he’s about a year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Louie?

He’s a pug

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

What does the vomit look like?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human medications/drugs, etc)?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I actually ended up taking him to a 24 hour small animal clinic because he seemed to be getting worse and was whining in pain. We figured out he had swallowed a lego tire and will be needing surgery this morning. :(Thank you for taking the time to get on and get back to me though! I really appreciate it a lot.

No worries, my dear.

I am glad to hear they have gotten to the root of this and will help him.

Since my colleagues could not aid you when you posted, I will pop your question back to customer service.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian