Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a Rottweiller/Lab mix, 8 year old male that I adopted…

Customer Question
Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a Rottweiller/Lab mix, 8 year old male that I adopted 2 years ago. He does have problems with his hips and he hasn't been able to walk but a half block at a time if even that when his back paws start dragging. He ate some dog food on Wednesday and I gave him some baby carrots for a night snack.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Rottweiler will be able to digest that. What is the Rottweiler's name?

About 3am he threw up and hour later he threw up again but it was mostly liquid, there was no solids. He was fine on thursday, ate his dogfood adn drank his water. Friday morning he threw up again. Today is Saturday and he threw up 2x this morning. He seemed to feel better after he ate a little bit. I took him for a short walk. When we got home, he was totally pooped out, laid down and hasn't gotten up since then.
He only drank water after we got home but he hasn't eaten any food.
He was whining a little bit then he fell asleep. He had no desire to go outside to relieve himself and he is still asleep, His vet prescribed him Galliprant and he was on that for almost 3 mos. I discontinued Galliprant 2-3 weeks ago when I noticed he was coughing and nearly throwning u and I read more about started throwing up and he threw up

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Rottweiler?

I read more about Galliprant and decide to not give him that any further. His name is Zeus.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What does the vomit look like?

Are his gums pink, yellow, or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful?