Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I am using mometamax and ran out. I need more for my dog and…

Customer Question
I am using mometamax...

I am using mometamax and ran out. I need more for my dog and I am out of town. Can I get this without a RX?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

She get a little ear irritation or infection sometimes after she is groomed. I have tried many things and this is the only thing that seems to work

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is your dog's name and age?

Lucy 9 years old... bassett hound

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No. Very healthy otherwise

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 3 months ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I have been practicing for the past 6+ years and can offer my help with your pet concerns. Please give me one moment to type up my response and I will be right with you.

- Dr. H

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry but Mometamax is a prescription only product. There is only 1 ear medicine that i have seen available without a prescription and that is Zymox, which I have only found through online merchants like Amazon.com. Zymox works pretty well and is a foam type of ear medicine.

Do you know if she had a bacterial or yeast infection?

I was offered this site for $5 and paid with Pay Pal. It charged $19 and I tried to cancel immediately. I feel like the whole
site is fraudulent in the approach and I would like my money refunded from Pay Pal. Please take care of this.
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 3 months ago

This site is far from being fraudulent. We help pet owners every day. I am sorry that some of the fine print eluded you when you first signed up. I will send the refund request through now as requested. You will get a full refund so no worries there. This is a 100% guaranteed site as advertised.

- Dr. H