Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog had surgery last monday. IT ended up just being a fat…

Customer Question
My dog had surgery...

My dog had surgery last monday. IT ended up just being a fat pocket by the leg. So stitches to sew it up and 2 drains. The dog has been in all week for a check up. She received antibiotic shots all week. She is now on meloxican for 6 days. (we are in Mexico) the drains were taken out. HEr temperature was ok. I gave her pill this am...found the dog food pile tonight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

She had Costco food water and egg and a hotdog in it. Should I continue with the food or just give her a little dry food tomorrow?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

She is 10 years old. A labradoddle.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I would feed her a bland diet of boiled white meat chicken breast and white rice for the next 3 days or so to help settle her stomach. You can also give her an over the counter antacid such as Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb every 12 hours) to help settle her stomach as well.