Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

MY LITTLE DOG IS HAVING TROUBLE GO TO THE BATHROON ,IT HURTS…

Customer Question
MY LITTLE DOG IS...

MY LITTLE DOG IS HAVING TROUBLE GO TO THE BATHROON ,IT HURTS HIM. WHAT CAN I DO FOR HIM

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

WHISKERS AND ABOU EIGHTB YEARS OLD

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about WHISKERS?

HE DOES HAVE SOME BM TRAPPED INSIDE ,I CAN SEE IT

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I would recommend starting him on Miralax 1/2 tablespoon on his food every 12 hours to help with the constipation. I would also start him on 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on his food as well to help with this. As far as the stool you can see, the best thing you can do at home would be to bathe his hind end using warm soapy water to help massage the area to help him pass what is close to coming out. If he doesn't go to the bathroom within 24 hours, I would take him in to the vet for an enema. If he seems very uncomfortable, I would take him in before then if possible.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian