Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog got in a fight with another dog. She has a wound on…

Customer Question
My dog got in...

My dog got in a fight with another dog. She has a wound on her arm pit. I know she is in pain. What can I give her for ge pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is your dog's name and age?

Jenna and she is almost 7. I’m sure it doesn’t need stitches. I’m worried about her pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jenna?

She takes proin.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Jenna.

How much does she weigh? The most effective and safe pain medications are by prescription, from your veterinarian. Until then you can try aspirin, but I need her weight to give you a dose.

Do not give Advil or Tylenol.

Bite wounds often get infected and she may need antibiotics.