Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She may have addison's disease, vet is not positive. This…

Customer Question
She may have addison's...

She may have addison's disease, vet is not positive. This last week she started throwing up and I've been giving her pepcid tablets before meals. I've noticed her laying on the tile instead of comfortable surfaces and trembling the last few days. Tonight she nudged into the bathroom and layed in the shower. I moved her to my room with her bed and instead she went into the bathroom and moved the carpet to lay on the tile

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She has had on and off throwing up for nearly a year. We have done xrays and blood work with nothing that stands out. In the last few months she developed 2 golf ball sized masses, both were tested about 2 weeks ago and are fatty but developed in about 3 months time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

She seemsto be acting better. Still trembling a bit, but not insisting on laying on cold tile

Will you please attach video of what you’re seeing with her behavior? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

I'm having a hard time with sending the videos. I only have them from last night because she's wagging and wiggling right now

Have you had any success through youtube.com? If it won't load here, there's a very good chance it may be too large of a file.

Can I text it?

I can arrange texting, though there is an additional fee through the website.

That's ok. I think she's doing better today and will get her in to our regular vet in the morning

Keep me posted if this changes. Good luck!