Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

What causes an adult sheltie to walk flat on his pasterns in…

Customer Question
What causes an adult...

What causes an adult sheltie to walk flat on his pasterns in his hind legs and can it be fixed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound. It seems to be a gradual process

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the hind's name?

The dogs name?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the hind?

He’s refusing to go on walks of any small distance. He’s overweight and has been tested for thyroid and other illnesses.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

He has been tested for Cushings disease. They said it could be atypical Cushing and there isn’t a treatment for it.
I don’t know if cushings has any affects on other body parts.

Unregulated Cushing's disease can have effects on the entire body, in fact.

Will you please attach pictures or video of what you’re seeing with him walking on his pasterns? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.