Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a Schnauzer. He is 16 months old. He decided to fight…

Customer Question
I have a Schnauzer...

I have a Schnauzer. He is 16 months old. He decided to fight the lawn mower grass shoot and broke off one of his lower incisors. Emergency vet could do nothing with this, but said I may need to have it removed or a root canal. Who does dental work on canines?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Schnauzer's name?

Scout

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scout?

He is just a very healthy determined little miniature Schnauzer, our family vet says he has the best disposition of any he has ever met.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Scout had a run-in with a lawn mower. While there are veterinarians with a dental specialty that do root canals, they are expensive and most people elect to have the tooth removed, which can be done at your regular vet's office.