Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She had a needle aspirate done yesterday on a mass on her…

Customer Question
She had a needle...

She had a needle aspirate done yesterday on a mass on her ribs and it came back with just blood the dr couldn't see any thing else in it. She had an Cray and it is definitely a mass but it has not messed with her rib bones. She is scheduled for surgery next week. I'm just cinder ed because the vet can't tell me what the mass is yet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Freya she will be 4 in August and is a cane corso

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Freya?

3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Freya?

She is not acting sick at all and has had the lump since November. It has not gotten bigger and there are no other lumps. She is eating drinking and playing normally. She also gets cbd oil

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 22 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you get me a copy of the report

My wife is a double board-certified pathologist

I would like her to review it

Paul

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
There wasn't really a report. The vest said she tried to get fluid from 3 different t places on the mass and they stained the samples but all she could see was blood.

She should have sent those slides out to a pathologist

My wife finds cells ALL the time in situations like this

Paul

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Freya is scheduled for surgery on the 11th and she said they would send the mass to a lab for identification. I'm just so worried and she wouldn't really give me any ideas about what it could be.

Correct

And I feel bad that you are in limbo

But they have time to submit those slides-> Unless she through them out

Can you send me a photo of the mass? I will have my wife look at it for you

I will also give my thoughts

Paul

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I didn't even think to take a picture of her xray. Thank you for trying to help me out :) I'm just a worry prone person.

And take a photo of the mass on the dog also :) please

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok I will try to get a picture of both but can't guareantee one if the xray but when I get home I can definitely take one of freya.

Good stuff

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian