Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She sniffed something up her nose yesterday. At first she…

Customer Question
She sniffed something up...

She sniffed something up her nose yesterday. At first she sneezed and snorted like crazy, and pawed at her nose. Then it became less. Since then she's OK most of the time, but every once in a while she starts sneezing and snorting again so it seems something is still in her nose. She seems OK otherwise and slept fine last night. Just wondering if I should contact the vet as it's the weekend.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Leia, age about 5. It's not lethargy that I reported though.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Leia?

She's been quite healthy. Only other thing is for the past few days her stools have been overly soft and sometimes with mucous. I think it's because we switched her from low fat to regular kibble. Doesn't seem connected with the nose problem.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 21 days ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm glad to hear that Leia is sneezing a lot less now than before. I don't think you need to get her to the emergency vet. It sounds like she had nasal irritation caused by something she inhaled, but you can give her a Benadryl tablet in case allergies have anything to do with it. About how much does she weigh?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian