Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My elderly dog has been drooling or dripping clear liquid…

Customer Question
Hi my elderly dog...

Hi my elderly dog has been drooling or dripping clear liquid from his nose and mouth periodically for years. He is outside when ever he can be. And he dips his nose in the snow grass etc. the vet suggested years amytriptyline which has worked for years. I only needed to give it once in awhile. Now yesterday within an hour ther was a puddle of clear liquid by him. What else can I give him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Copper and I’m happy to say his 13

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Copper?

We have talked about pulling his chipped teeth. I resisted at first. But his breath is also getting bad. They may be infected?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?