Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

No defication for 4 or 5 days a little fever. Not eating as…

Customer Question
No defication for 4...

No defication for 4 or 5 days a little fever

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

not eating as of yesterda

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

5 year old Shih Tzu

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that your dog has not had a bowel movement in such a long time. He is probably too uncomfortable from constipation to have any appetite. I would offering him a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin to make the stool bulkier and easier to pass. You should also encourage him to drink water by adding a teaspoon of low-sodium beef or chicken broth to a bowl of fresh water. If he won't eat the canned pumpkin, I would get him to the vet. He may need some fluid therapy and an enema.