Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has split his nail on HIS back pad it's gone

Customer Question
My dog has split...

My dog has split his nail on HIS back pad it's gone horizontally. Our vet is closed due to Easter Bank Holidays he is very STOIC and this is the first time we've seen him even limp never mind attend a wound and he's had a few. We already have canine Meloxicam but it doesn't appear to be helping the pain. Is there any pain meds that we may have that we could give him. We already have

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

Paracetamol

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Blue he is a 45 kilo labrador

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

Fit and health 3 year old normally

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
We do have naproxy. Co dydramol n don't think he would warrant oxinorm
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ive removed the bit of nail the bleeding has stopped. But hes limping badly its a fair chunk of nail which has came away. Hes never been poorly other than suspected colitis but tests have been marginal
Answered in 1 day by:
4/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 21 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian