Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 1 year old French bulldog he doesn’t seem to be…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 1 year old French bulldog he doesn’t seem to be himself he’s not really interested in coming to us when called no interested in his food (he’s always after food usually) he’s just sits where he is even if you pick him up and move him he will just sit there for ages before walking off his back leg muscles twitching

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the French Bulldog's name and age?

Zeus and he’s 1

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zeus?

He’s usually very playful looooves his food but isn’t interested in anything there were about 5 vomits this morning of grass but he seemed normal this morning before leaving for the day

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I am dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I'm so sorry to hear about Zeus. I am working on a response will be back shortly.
given his age and his breed I would be very concerned that he got into something unusual or has some sort of pain. Is there anything that you think that he could have ingested either foreign body or toxin? Do you have any plants or flowers or other things are on the home that he could have gotten into? Any known injury?It really concerns me when people report that their Frenchie is not eating and hardly moving. This is an extremely active breed with good appetites. In my opinion given his current condition, he really needs to go in for an exam tomorrow. I would be very concerned if he's not eating and drinking well that he will become quite dehydrated. It just sounds like from the history that he could have ingested something that he wasn't supposed to or is potentially painful. I would strongly encourage you to go in for an exam tomorrow in order to try to pinpoint what is going on with him. I would also recommend that he had blood work done if they feel necessary in order to evaluate his liver and kidney health.
Even if they are unable to determine an exact cause they could certainly treat his signs and symptoms of stomach upset.
I hope this information helps. Unfortunately this is a situation where I really think he needs to be seen versus me suggesting some sort of treatment plan at home. He seems too ill to waste time at this point. Please keep me posted on how he is doing. If you are satisfied with my assistance, a five star rating is always appreciated. Even after the rating we can continue this conversation for about a week, so keep me posted. Sincerely ***** *****
He is drinking water he just walked down the back and then back to the front to get a drink about 10 minutes ago. When we go to pat him he seems almost scared we haven’t added any new plants or flowers to the yard since we got him as a pup. We do have another dog (American bulldog) but he seems fine with no unusual behaviour
I apologize for the delay. I would definitely get him in today. Maybe he has a pain issue. Sometimes these dogs will injure their backs because they are so active. This can sometimes cause them to shut down in a sense, where they don't want to eat or move because it just is too painful. Definitely a situation where he should be examined. Please keep me posted on how things Go today. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole