Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has been vomiting since last evening and is drooling. He…

Customer Question
He has been vomiting...

He has been vomiting since last evening and is drooling. He is blue tick hound so we know he drools when he wants food., but he is not eating.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Mot that we know of. But we take him to s private dog park, and this started after he came home. Our beagle was the same way but today he seems ok, just tired.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Zander is 17 months.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zander?

Now is having dry heaves, and the drooling.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Zander has been vomiting and not eating. There are a few things that can cause these signs in a young dog, including acid reflux, viral or bacterial gastroenteritis, and ingesting foreign bodies or toxins. Is it possible that Zander could have eaten something he shouldn't?