Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I need to have my 15 year old Rat terrier put to sleep (she…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** to have my 15 year old Rat terrier put to sleep (she has cancer that has spread to her bladder). I'm worried about my 9 year old standard poodle and how to support her when we lose our beloved Gillian (rat terrier). Gillian was her mom and taught her everything!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I have a close relationship with a vet I take my fur babies to. I'm just worried about the depression that will affect not just me but my other dog. I didn't know if it's advise to find her companion to help the transition.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sean Egan,
 replied 3 months ago
Sean Egan

Hi there, this is Dr. Sean. I just came online and see that your question has not been answered yet. I'm sorry for that. I’ll be happy to answer your question about your dogs.

Please ignore any request for a phone call service. Those are automatically generated by the website and I cannot stop that from occurring. I can answer your question in this text chat.

I'm so sorry to hear that Gillian is not doing well. It's always so difficult when we have to say goodbye. Have you made arrangements to put Gillian to sleep yet? If so, when will that be?