Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My lab has not been eating and feeling tired. she had blood…

Customer Question
My lab has not...

My lab has not been eating and feeling tired. she had blood test and it showed she was enemic. she has been on iron supplement but is not any better.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the lab. What is the lab's name and age?

Annabelle she is 10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Annabelle?

10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Annabelle?

She has always been fit and walks day

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Do you now the exact value for her PCV?

And what other tests did they run?

Inappetant?

Weight loss?

Increased rate of breathing?

Paul

hemoglobin was the only blood test that was abnormal. she not gained any weight. she gets out of breath walking

Okay

So the PCV, RBC mass were all normal?

Do you have access to that report?

Something is not adding up here

Paul