Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My lab gets an ear infection every 6 months. I've spent

Customer Question
My lab gets an...

My lab gets an ear infection every 6 months. I've spent hundreds of dollars going to the vet. The only thing that works is Malotic. Her prescription has run out and now they say she needs to be seen again in order to renew it. I just lost my job and cannot afford another $200 vet bill right now for her to be seen. Is there an over the counter that would work? or is there an online doc that could prescribe for me so she doesn't have to suffer? I feel rotten about it but am just at a loss because I cant take her right now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Allie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Allie?

She's about 13 years old..not sure exactly as she was a rescue. Has had chronic ear infections since we've had her

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I have tried zymox, ear washes, etc. Malotic is the only thing that has ever worked for her and generally clears things up within a couple days.
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment while I review your concerns.