Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He acted as if he had a UTI, then he would dribble across…

Customer Question
He acted as if...

He acted as if he had a UTI, then he would dribble across the floor extremely slow as if he was in pain trying to pee at the same time, then gradually I found what looks like a little bit of blood in his urine that was on the floor. His breathing sounds like he has a loud wheeze, he can't lie still in 1 spot, and it seems like his penis is a little swelled and continually leaks even all over his underbelly. It sounds like he is having cramps that is hurting him enough to make him try to scream. Is there anything that I can give him for pain or to help him feel better?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** and he is around 8 years old, and he is a black and white miniature Parti poodle

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

We live with my mother and she had a miniature poodle herself 17 years and little man has been with her in the same house for at least the last five or six years and she passed away December 22nd I don't know if this is relevant or not but I thought maybe at the same time he could be morning himself to death could that be a possibility also?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Little man

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 26 days ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hi. My name is***** I’m very sorry to hear about this situation with Little Man. I’m going to be very direct here and say that this situation has me pretty concerned. If he’s posturing to go and dribbling urine and being painful, there is a very good chance he has a urinalysis blockage. This is extremely painful and vet serious. He needs to be seen by your vet now to unblock him if he’s blocked. There is nothing you can do at home for this.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian