Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is showing early symptoms of distemper and I want to…

Customer Question
Hello, my dog is...

Hello, my dog is showing early symptoms of distemper and I want to know if i can wait to take her to the vet in the morning or if she needs urgent care?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?

She woke up sneezing, has been having a runny nose and was lethargic all day. shes been shaking non stop for the past 2 hours and she also started vomiting in the last hour. she has not stopped shaking

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

No thats all. I just want to know if I should take her to the emergency vet right now or wait until the morning when her regular vet is open for business anything helps

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 25 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?​

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian